Watch this 5 minute introductory video:
The True Blue DXers Club announces
The 2022 DX Ultra-Marathon
1. DURATION: 1 January 2022 – 31 December 2022
2. OBJECTIVE: For amateurs around the world to contact as many other amateurs in as many countries and CQ WAZ zones as possible.
3. BANDS: QSOs are permitted on all 9 HF Bands 160-10 metres (excluding 60 metres). There are no single-band categories. A special WARC-only leaderboard will be automatically generated listing only QSOs made on 30, 17 and 12 metres, regardless of mode or power category.
A. Score: The final score is the result of the total QSO points multiplied by the sum of zone and country multipliers. Example: 1000 QSO points * (30 Zones + 70 Countries) = 100,000 (final score).
B. QSO points: Stations may be contacted once on each band over the entire duration of the Ultra-Marathon. QSO points are based on the location of the station worked.
Contacts between stations on different continents count three (3) points.
Contacts between stations on the same continent but in different countries count one (1) point. Exception: Contacts between stations in different countries within the North American boundaries count two (2) points.
Contacts between stations in the same country have zero (0) QSO point value, but count for zone and country multiplier credit.
C. Multiplier: There are two types of multipliers:
Zone: A multiplier of one (1) for each different CQ Zone contacted on each band.
Country: A multiplier of one (1) for each different country contacted on each band. The DXCC entity list, and continental boundaries are the standards for defining country multipliers, as defined by CLUBLOG definitions. Maritime mobile stations count only for a zone multiplier, for this the zone of the /MM station must be included in the ADIF log
5. MODE CATEGORIES: Participants may choose to compete in CW, SSB or MIXED mode.
6. POWER CATEGORIES: Participants may choose to compete at the High Power (HP – above 100 watts), Low Power (LP – up to 100 watts) or QRP (up to 5 watts) power levels.
A. Participants in the 2021 edition will NOT need to re-register. They can, if they want, change MODE or POWER category by writing to email@example.com. Otherwise all they have to do is to start uploading their logs from 1 February 2022 and including QSOs made from 1 January 2022.
B. New participants can register at any time on https://tbdxc.hamserver.de/marathon Once registered, they can start uploading their logs from 1 February 2022 and including QSOs made from 1 January 2022.
8. LOG UPLOADS and LEADERBOARDS: Starting from 1 February 2022, participants can upload their log in ADIF format on https://tbdxc.hamserver.de/marathon any time and as frequently as they want. After every log upload, the routine will do compute the score according to the rules and update the leaderboards. The leaderboards will rank participants for all possible band group (All Bands and WARC), power (HP/LP/QRP) and mode (CW/SSB/MIXED) combinations. There is also a special WARC leaderbord (see above under 3.)
9. ANY REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the .pdf icon to download the full rules of the 2022 Ultra-Marathon